One of 36 islands making up the BVI, Virgin Gorda has a year-round population of 2500 and remains untouched by mass tourism. Virgin Gorda and its surrounding waters are famous for world-class sailing, windsurfing and SCUBA diving. Only 9 miles long by 3 miles wide, this tiny island is not easily reached…ensuring uncrowded, unspoiled beaches, pristine crystal clear water, and friendly locals.
Activities Around the North Sound:
- Go Diving! Anywhere and everywhere in the BVI is fantastic. Dive BVI is located on the dock at Leverick Bay Marina.
- Dinghy and Powerboat rentals – explore the North Sound and surrounding waters with or without a captain!
- Enjoy a tropical massage at The Spa at Leverick Bay
- Rent a car for the day and explore the National Parks on Virgin Gorda, including The Baths, Devil’s Bay, Spring Bay, The Copper Mine, or take a hike to Gorda Peak for 360 degree views of all the islands! (BVI Rentals, L & S Jeep Rentals)
- Take a glass bottom tour of the reef or nearby nature areas (Necker Island, when available)
- Need a babysitter? Check out Tropical Nannies
- Go sailing, windsurfing or kiteboarding for a day at Bitter End Yacht Club
- Go on a day charter sailing and snorkeling (Double D Charters, Sail Bravura)
- Take free water taxi from Leverick Bay Marina to Saba Rock Resort and watch the tarpon feeding while sipping on a Painkiller during happy hour; Follow up with a fresh mahi mahi taco while watching the sailboats and kitesurfers cruise by!
- Enjoy billion dollar views of the North Sound and Branson’s new digs at Moskito Island – along with Caribbean BBQ, cool breezes, and fun drinks – at Hog Heaven Bar and Grill, just outside the North Sound community on the road to Nail Bay. No website, and we hope they will keep it that way!
- Leverick Bay Marina – full service dock with slips and moorings
- Enjoy a meal or the Live Jumbies Show and music on Friday nights at Leverick Bay Resort
- Splurge on a gourmet meal at the Oil Nut Bay Beach Club
- Check out the amazing all-you-can-eat Sunday Brunch at Bitter End Yacht Club, including unlimited Mimosas!
- Try a flying fish sandwich or traditional Chicken Roti at the Fat Virgin Restaurant, Biras Creek
- Enjoy a meal in the clubhouse of the new Yacht Club Costa Smeralda overlooking the tranquil waters of the North Sound
- Venture into Spanish Town to experience exotic cocktails and Caribbean-Asian fusion dining on the beach at Virgin Gorda’s #1 rated (Trip Advisor) restaurant, Coco Maya.
Explore the British Virgin Islands:
- Charter a powerboat with captain to explore nearby Anegada, Jost Van Dyke (Soggy Dollar Bar, Foxy’s), Cooper Island, Peter Island or Norman Island
- Spend the day at Cow Wreck Beach Bar and Grill, Anegada. Get there by charter, Speedy’s, DiveBVI or anyway possible
- Take a ferry to Tortola for a ½ day or more and explore Road Town. Enjoy fresh baked goods before shopping at Sunny Caribee and other local stores
Planning your unforgettable stay in Virgin Gorda & the BVI
The possibilities are endless for a fun, relaxing and memorable vacation! Enjoy amazing activities or just relax by the pool and take in the incredible views of the North Sound. Your aquatic playground in the British Virgin Islands awaits!
- Mon. – take a water taxi to Saba Rock to feed the tarpon
- Tues. – snorkel or dive with colorful parrot fish, coral and sea turtles
- Wed. – boat to the white sand beaches of Anegada & Cow Wreck
- Thurs. – explore the island by checking out the Copper Mine & The Baths
- Fri. – visit Soggy Dollar Bar & Foxy’s on Jost Van Dyke for lunch
- Sat. – take an amazing glass bottom boat tour of the reef
- Sun. – go sailing & kiteboarding then enjoy brunch at Bitter End YC
The beautiful, uncrowded beaches with palms swaying in the breeze are calling your name! By the end of your stay you’ll be planning your return trip to Dos Sols Villa. This is sure to be holiday you’ll never forget!